Congratulations to Rebecca Khodai. Rebecca is this month’s recipient of a Just Read It book prize. She has won a copy of the hardcover illustrated edition of The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill.
Summer Reads 2014
- What is your favourite book ever for summer reading?
- What books are on your summer reading list this year?
Tell us, by Monday June 9th, and be entered in the draw to win a book to take home for the summer. Submit your choice(s) to the basket on the Circulation Desk in the Library.
Parents are invited to submit as well. Send an e-mail with your name and book pick (include title and author) to email@example.com.
(Click on image for larger view)
Today would be Rachel Carson’s 107th Birthday, commemorated by the folks at Google in today’s Google Doodle. If you’d like to learn more about why I think Rachel Carson is one of the most important person’s ever to have walked the earth, come talk to me… and/or check out our lovely new copy of either her seminal work Silent Spring, or the most recent biography of her, On a Farther Shore, by William Souder.
The Library will be CLOSED all afternoon for the Grade 10 Civics classes final YPI presentations.
The Library will also be CLOSED after school for a special event.
We’ll be back to business as usual again tomorrow… Apologies for any inconvenience.
- Do you still need community service hours to graduate?
- Are you looking to get some regardless?
- Are you interested in gardening?
- Do you want to get a behind the scenes look at an election?
Student volunteers are needed for three upcoming events:
- Spring Garden Party… Saturday May 31st, starting at 10am (Parents also welcome!)
- Student Vote 2014… ESA in-school election, Wednesday June 4th
- Summer Garden Maintenance… 2 hours weekly between July 1st and Labour Day (Parents also welcome for this!)
If you are interested in learning more about any of these opportunities, or want to sign up to volunteer, see Ms. Wray in the Library.
Reminder that the Library will be CLOSED immediately at the end of classes today on account of the opening of the Art Show.
The Library will be a student free, photocopier free and printer free zone, so that the Art Show is the only focus. Apologies for any inconvenience. We’ll be back to business as usual tomorrow.