Attention all ESA students!
Win a copy of CO-MIX: A Retrospective by Art Spiegelman… and a ticket (or tickets!) to a very special evening with Art Spiegelman on Jan 26th, 2015 at the Bloor Hot Docs cinema.
- Submit a 3 panel BitStrip comic telling us why you deserve to win this special prize pack and it could be yours.
- All entries must be received in the Library by the end of the school day on Wednesday January 14th.
- Additional details about the retrospective and the contest may be found on the attached poster (click on the image to see full size)
Last weekend, the first bi monthly publications to the new E.S.say writing blog were posted! We have some fantastic work by various ESA students and are very excited to share.
Haven’t had the chance to send us anything yet? Do not put down your pens in defeat, there is still hope!
E.S.say accepts submissions all year round. So send us the absurd, the witty, the bold and the downright nonsensical. And remember, this blog will culminate in an end of year book of letters!
What are you waiting for? Grab your plumes and start scratching!
Information about submissions:
- Submissions are accepted on a regular basis, year-round
- Can include, short stories, essays, poetry and prose
- Must not exceed 3,000 words
- Must be written by a current ESA student
- Submissions are accepted: email@example.com
From depression to dating to green living, spread the word about any Teen Health & Wellness topic you feel passionate about by creating a video PSA (public service announcement). Videos that meet submission requirements will be published on Teen Health & Wellness.
The Library Seminar Rooms are CLOSED until further notice… with apologies to those of you whom are not complicit.
The Seminar Rooms have been treated with disrespect and left generally a mess, most notably…
- Scribbling all over the tables
- Garbage – including food debris! – all over the floor
Holiday Reads 2014 has arrived.
Drop by the ESA Library and tell us about your favourite Winter Read… or, what book you plan to read over this coming Winter Break. All submissions will be entered into our Christmas Book Draw.
- Check out the newest offerings in the Library.
- Take one home for your holiday reading.
- All new titles may be found on the ESA Library Pinterest page.
All are invited to join us today at lunch for a special concert with Trio D’Argento.
Please eat your lunch before coming…
On this day, Dec 6th 2014, the 25th anniversary of the Montreal Massacre, I would like to thank everyone who came out to the Vigil at lunch on Thursday.
Our screening of the NFB/CBC co-production After the Montreal Massacre generated much interesting discussion, and plans for future conversations.
I would also like to invite everyone to consider funding the IndieGogo campaign for a new documentary on issues around violence Against Women, titled A Better Man.