Hard to believe but… Tomorrow is December 1st!!
Join us before school in the Library as we light the tree! Festivities to take place at 8:30am.
There will be hot cider on as well, first come first served. Remember to bring your own mug.
… is about to begin at the rear of the Library. Bring your lunch…
Join us today, at lunch in the Library, for Final Friday Fun Day.
- Reminder that the Library will be a TECH FREE ZONE during the lunch hour today.
Bring your lunch, sit back, relax, take a load off.
Today you’ll be able to:
- Get your face painted with the moustache of your choice – raising funds for Movember
- Decorate a Christmas ball – which we’ll hang as part of the holiday decorations in the Library
- Make paper snowflakes – which will also be used to decorate the Library
- Help build a gingerbread Christmas tree
Or you can just bring your favourite (board) game… or borrow one of ours.
- We have chess, backgammon, cribbage, Jenga, Yahtzee, and more. Take your pick.
The Knitting Circle and the ESA Coding Club will also be meeting in the Library during the lunchhour on Friday.
ESA’s Own Book Club meets for the first time this evening.
For our first Meet and Greet session this evening, we’ll operate on a rolling basis, with everyone who is able to attend welcome to arrive anytime after 6pm.
- This will allow those who wish to to attend the Breakaway session – about Teens, Alcohol and Drugs – at 7pm.
Since the Breakaway session is going to be held in the Library, we’ll move our Book Club meeting into the Staff Room.
… was here at lunchtime today. If you need info, check with anyone in Student Services.
Never fear… The ESA Library, and SEEDS Me to We, still have some great items available. These make great stocking stuffers, or great gifts for ESA staff, students, friends and family.
The ESA Corn Mug, $10 each
- 100% corn plastic mug
- medical grade plastic lid
- microwave safe
- handwash only
The ESA 25th Anniversary Cookbook, $5 each
- Recipes from your favourite Staff,and selected ESA graduates
- Learn why Mr. Aikins thinks he makes the world’s best Pad Thai!
Letters Vol I, $10 each
- The first collected edition of creative writing – poetry and prose – from the students of ESA
- Complete with ISBN, this collection has been catalogued at Library and Archives Canada… our students may lay claim to having been officially published!
- Learn more about the Creative Writing Blog, and read this year’s latest submissions at ESsays
The Book and Vinyl Sale continues
- Lots of new and gently used mass market paperbacks, trade paperbacks and hardcover books
- We have something for every reader Young Adult to Adult… pretty near every genre
- Prices range from 50 cents to a couple of bucks
- We also have a selection of Canadian Art books available… all priced individually.
More great selections from the Vinyl Vault.
A great selection of titles awaits you upon your arrival at ESA on Monday morning…
- Single LP’s $2 each
- Double albums $4 each
- Some ***’d items priced individually… ask at the Circulation Desk about these items
A selected inventory includes the following:
- No No Nanette (another copy has been found!)
- Anne of the Thousand Days
- My Fair Lady
- Summer of ’42
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Oh What A Lovely War
- The Most Happy Fella
- The Gondoliers/The Mikado***
- Aspects of Love
- South Pacific
- Candide (another copy has been found!)
- You’re A Good Man Charlie Brown
- Hair (2 copies!!)
- West Side Story
- Songs by Ira and George Gershwin (Nonesuch Records)
- Gershwin, Rhapsody in Blue/American in Paris
- Hits from Anne of Green Gables and 6 other Canadian Musical Comedies
- Gato Barbieri, Don Cherry, Albert Ayler and John Handy
- Gato Barbieri, Caliente!
- Folkways Records, Jazz Vol 2, including BLind WIllie Johnson, Jelly Roll Morton, Louis Amstrong, Bessie Smith and others
- Nexus Ragtime
- The Best of Arthur Prysock, Number 2
- Al Hirt and his Band
- Music Minus One, The New York Brass Quintet
- Here’s to Good Friends, Arthur Drysock
- Eileen Farrell, I’ve Got a Right to Sing the Blues
- Silk and Satin, Arthur Prysock
- Big Joe Turner, Stuff Smith, Buck Clayton and Memphis Slim
- Herb Albert & The Tijuana Brass, The Best of the Brass
- Eddy Duchin, Music for Dancing
- Leroy Anderson Pops Orchestra, Blue Tango and Other Favourites
- The Modern Jazz Quartet, The Legendary Profile
- The Modern Jazz Quartet and the Swingle Singers, Place Vendome
- Bobby Hackett, From the Jazz Vault
- Turk Murphy Jazz Band, The Many Faces of Ragtime
- Simon Rattle, The Jazz Album
- The Noel Coward Album
- The Fifth Dimension, Living Together, Growing Together
- Canadian Electronic Ensemble
- Rod McKuen at Carnegie Hall (Live Recording)
- Glenn Gould, Bach (Three Keyboard Concertos)***
- Glenn Gould, The Goldberg Variations***
- Lots of Tchaikovsky, Haydn, Sibelius, Mendelssohn, Rossini, Vivaldi, Stravinsky, Shostakovich, Mahler and more
- Henry Mancini, The Academy Award Songs (31 Oscar Winners)***
- Maria Callas, Mad Scenes from Anna Bolena, Hamlet and Il Pirata***
- Don Ho, Tiny Bubbles***… yes, we still have it!! but we can’t guarantee it’ll be around much longer…
- Arlo Guthrie, Alice’s Restaurant*** ( 2 copies available)
We also have assorted Holiday, Choral, Opera and Operatic albums.