Everyone is invited to drop by the Library today for our Holiday Open House.
Music, movies, hot cider and festive goodies – courtesy of Ms. Fara-On’s classes – all day while supplies last.
(Sorry… by the time I’m posting this, we’ve run out of cider… but it still smells really good in the Library!!!)
Aiden Tooth, Emma Helm, Ms. Webber, Stephanie Harkness and Sarah Sheppard.
If you did not pick up your prizes yesterday, please see Ms. Wray in the Library today.
It’s still not too late to enter Holiday Reads today.
- All submissions received by the end of the day today will be entered into “Just Read It!” for a chance to win a free book from the TDSB in January.
The Library will be closed after school today for a private party for Library Volunteers.
The Library will also be closed before school tomorrow morning for a Staff Christmas Brunch.
- But, please do join us in the Library throughout the day tomorrow for special Christmas treats – courtesy of Ms. Fara-On’s classes – as well as holiday movies and, of course, hot cider.
Finally… the longlist for Canada Reads 2016 has been announced!
From the Canada Reads website:
Canada Reads 2016 is all about “starting over.” The show will feature books about transformation and second chances, stories of migrants, immigrants and others who are choosing – or forced – to make major changes in their lives. One thing we’re not changing is our host: Wab Kinew is back!
- Explore the 15 longlisted books below.
- The final five books and the panellists who are defending them will be revealed on January 20.
- Canada Reads 2016 debate week will take place March 21-24.
See the list of titles here.
P.S. The ESA Library already has over half of these titles in our collection (proud to say!). Drop by and check one out for the holidays.
The Library will be CLOSED during the lunchhour today for a very special holiday luncheon for the Dance Department.
See you again after school…
- Do you have items out from the ESA Library?
- Are they due before or after the Winter Break?
- Have you finished that book, but just keep forgetting to bring it back?
Bring your Library materials into the Library and we will happily renew them for you, or accept them back so we may lend them out to another interested reader.
Check out the new self-service features and capabilities at the updated ESA Library Catalogue.
- Login using your network credentials and renew your own books!
- This will work twice… after that you have to come into the Library to ask about renewing an item any longer than that.
While you’re at it, download the new Insignia app for your mobile device, and have the Library – well, the catalogue anyway – at your fingertips wherever you are.
AND… when you bring back those books, be sure to fill out a Holiday Reads ballot – located at the circulation desk – and enter into this year’s Holiday Draw. Five lucky winners will head home for the holiday with brand new books and/or blankets and more.
All Staff and Students – indeed Parents as well – are advised regarding the following:
The TDSB network will be shut down from 7:00 am on Saturday, 26 December, 2015 until 7:00 am on Thursday, 31 December, 2015 in order to install a new generator.
This is a total shutdown of all network based services and applications.
Primarily Affecting Staff and Students:
· Home drives (H:)
· Shared network drives
· Academic Workspace (AW)
· Google Apps for Education
Primarily Affecting the General Public
Primarily Affecting Staff in Schools During the blackout, and Admin
· All administrative applications including Trillium, SAP and myInfo
· BlackBerry email
· BlackBerry applications requiring Internet access, including Wifi connectivity
· Voice over IP (VoIP) telephone service at 140 Borough Drive