The ESsays Creative Writing Blog for students is a forum for ESA students to share their work and put their writing out there in public. By the end of this year, the blog included work from 17 ESA students.
On June 16th we took delivery of bound print copies of the blog.
- Registered with Library and Archives Canada – this volume has a registered ISBN number – which means that the participating students may now lay claim to having been, officially, published!
This publication, titled “Letters, Vol II” is available for sale – in limited quantities – for $5 per copy. Copies of last year’s inaugural publication are also available in limited quantity.
- Every student who contributed will receive their own personal copy of the publication.
- Students should collect their copy from Ms. Wray in the Library on Marks Review Day, Monday June 27th.
Send an e-mail to email@example.com if you’d like a copy for yourself for posterity.
Congratulations to all involved in the project. We look forward to continuing the project next year.
After a most successful inaugural year in which we read our way through three (3) books together, we are launching our first Summer Reads 2016 Book Club.
- If you’re interested in reading along with us this summer, please follow this link to our shared Google Doc.
- This shared Google Doc provides a brief outline of the books we’re considering for our Summer Reads 2016 title of choice.
- Follow the link embedded in the shared Google Doc to have your say about which book you want to read.
We will discuss our Summer Reads 2016 book selection at our first meeting of the 2016-2017 school year – tentatively scheduled for Wednesday September 28th (date to be confirmed very shortly).
- We meet in the Library at 6:45pm for tea and treats, and talk about our book from 7pm to 9pm.
If you’d like to join us on our adventure – we plan to read our way through five (5) books next year – please fill out this Google Form.
- We’ll add you to our e-mail distribution list and send you everything else you need to know about our little book club.
- Do you still have overdue Library materials?
- Have you settled your late fines from earlier in the year?
- Have you found that missing book under the bed?
We have been chasing books for weeks now.
- We have been sending overdue notices to your TDSB student e-mails.
- We have been sending overdue notices to your HF teachers.
- Worse… we began making the dreaded phone calls home on Tuesday (June 14th).
Get ahead of the curve – and save that embarrassing phone call home if you haven’t already been called! – by bringing your book(s) in first or settling your overdue fines.
- Drop by the Library on Wednesday June 15th, or on Tutorial morning, Thursday June 16th.
Reminder that students with outstanding Library items and/or Library fines will not be able to check out new materials in September until outstanding issues have been cleared.
Please be advised as follows regarding access to the Library as of the end of classes, Wednesday June 15th:
- The Library will be CLOSED after school on Wednesday for a year end celebration for Library Volunteers.
- The Library will be CLOSED during tutorials – the morning of Thursday June 16th – for exam set-up.
- The Library will be CLOSED for exams EVERYDAY from Thursday until the end of day Friday June 24th.
There will be no access to the Library for any reason, except for students who are writing exams in the Library.
- There will be limited access – for students – to the Library during the morning on Marks Review Day, Monday June 27th.
- The Library will be CLOSED to students June 28th to June 30th.
If you have Library materials which you have not yet returned… Please:
- return them to the Library on Wednesday June 15th, or on Tutorial morning;
- return them to the box – labelled LIBRARY – on the bench in the Main Office when you come in to write your exams; or
- return them to the Library on the morning of Marks Review Day
All books being returned late will be subject to late fines.
- Drop by the Library on Marks Review Day to settle your late fines.
- Students will not be able to borrow Library materials in the fall until Library accounts have been cleared.
Congratulations also to the following students… who got caught reading last month:
- Olivia Solomos
- Griffin Vona
- Reid McMaster
- Djordje Lukic
- Quinn Tabbitt
Please drop by the Library to pick up your book prizes.
Thank you to everyone who played along. See you again next May!
Congratulations to the winners of the ESA Poetry Contest:
- 1st Place: Emily Parker
- 2nd Place: Sophie Currie
- 3rd Place: Tiana McGee-Stone
Please drop by the Library to pick up your prizes.
Thank you to everyone who submitted poems. See you again next year…
Grad Breakfast in the Library from 8:15am to 9:15am on Friday June 10th.
- The Library will be closed before school for set-up.
- The Library will be open again for second period.