This year, again, the ESA Library is pleased to honour National Poetry Month by sponsoring a student poetry contest.
Poems can be on any topic/subject matter… there is no particular theme to the celebrations this year.
Poems must however:
- be titled;
- not have been previously published;
- be formatted for 8.5″ x 11″ paper; and,
- be no longer than 50 lines.
The deadline for submissions has been extended to the end of the day this Friday, May 4th.
- Entries may be submitted in person to the Library… to either Ms. Wray, Ms. Kennedy.
- We prefer entries to be submitted via e-mail to: email@example.com
- Entries may be submitted as ‘Anonymous’… but the contest organisers must still know the identity of the poet in the event of the entry being a winning entry!
The top three entries will each receive a collection of poetry.
- All poems will be published on the ESsays Creative Writing Blog, and included in the publication of our print volume.
- All poets included in the print edition will receive their own personal copy of the published collection.
Follow Poetry Month celebrations at @CanadianPoets or at #NPM18