All ESA students are eligible for, and strongly encouraged to have, a Toronto Public Library (TPL) card.
Any student in Grades 10 – 12 who need a valid TPL Library Card should see Ms. Kennedy in the Library to fill out an application form. Alternatively, students can download this TPL Application Form and return it to the Library. Applications for TPL cards must be returned to the Library by no later than Wednesday, September 26th for processing.
Note: Grade 9 students will fill this form out in the Grade 9 Library Orientation Sessions.
Please bring back any outstanding library books next week.
An open invitation to all members of the ESA Community to drop by the Library on Marks Review Day, Tuesday June 26th.
- The tea will be on… and there may be treats (while supplies last).
- Remember to BYOM – Bring your own mug!!
Check out our New Arrivals in Books… and sign out some great summer reads!
- You must be a returning student, and you must have ‘good Library credit‘ to check out books over the summer.
Score yourself some great vintage vinyl – prices reduced to $1 per LP.
- We’ve put out some great new Broadway Cast Recordings, some new Classical, some new classic female vocalists.
- There are also some real gems, including the likes of Maria Callas, for premium prices. Ask about these items at the Circulation Desk
There will also be a selection of (gently) Used Books available…
- Nothing more than $1.
- Mass market paperbacks, trade paperbacks and hardcover editions.
We also have some free stuff available… most notably our entire collection of CBC News in Review CD’s.
- These are now all available online (teacher access only with an education account) and haven’t circulated in a couple of years.
- If you are interested in these, most likely for an Art Project we would expect, send an e-mail to email@example.com anytime after you read this posting to claim them.
- First come first served.
- You must come in and pick them up on Tuesday morning…
Congratulations to the following people who submitted online entries to our Summer Reads 2018! Draw.
Winners… Please either drop by yourself – or send in your designate – to collect your prize – a free book! – from the ESA Library.
- The best time is during the Library Open House from 9am until 11am on Tuesday June 26th.
- If this doesn’t work, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make arrangements to get you your free book.
STAFF: Elvina Barclay
- Elvina is looking forward to reading The Word is Murder by Anthony Horowitz.
- I love a good mystery and the author has put himself in the story as the Watson to the main character’s Sherlock Holmes detective.
STUDENT: Tiffany Stummer
- Tiffany is looking forward to reading Bear Town by Frederick Backman.
- This book has a web of characters that are all going through issues that are relevant to their lives. It delves into secrets, a small town, and a web of lies.
PARENT: Carlo Ribeiro
- Carlo is looking forward to reading Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi.
- This is a beautiful and epic story of the lives and times of the descendants of two women. Set in Ghana and the US, the stories trace the impact of the TransAtlantic Slave Trade on two branches of the same family, on two continents, and all the way through several generations, until a kind of homegoing brings the two threads together in beautiful and unsurprising ways.
Save the Dates! Members of ESA’s Own Book Club… mark the following dates in your calendars:
- Wed Sept 26th
- Wed Nov 21st
- Wed Jan 16th
- Wed Mar 6th
- Wed May 8th
All meetings take place in the ESA Library from 6:45pm until 9:00pm.
Mark also Thursday Mar 28th… Our annual FIELD TRIP to the final day of taping for Canada Reads… the 2019 edition.
NEW MEMBERS are always welcome.
Indeed we have just recently chosen our SUMMER READ 2018… Circe by Madeline Miller.
Tell us what books you think everyone should have on their summer reading list this year.
All members of the ESA School Community are invited to contribute: students, staff, parents and graduates.
All entries will be submitted into our Summer Reads draw.
- Entries must be received by the end of the school day on Monday June 11th to be eligible for the draw.
- Entries may be submitted to the basket on the Library Circulation Desk (using the forms conveniently located beside said basket) or by filling out this Google Form.
All book recommendations will be posted on the ESA Library Daily Blog by the end of the school year.
May is Get Caught Reading Month.
- Get Caught Reading in the Library and win free books.
A winner every day this month.
- Yesterday, Troy LeBane Got Caught Reading in the Library… and won a free book.
What will you Get Caught Reading?
Reminder – as per the SHREK inspired posters up around the school – that Library circulation CLOSES at the end of May.
- We have been chasing overdue items and would appreciate your returning them ASAP.
- We will be phoning home this week to students in Gr 11 and Gr 12 with outstanding Library materials.
Grade 9’s and 10’s with books out for READING CIRCLES and CULMINATING’s…
- Your due dates are the first week of June.
- PLEASE return your books as soon as you are finished with them.
- Your co-operation is appreciated.