ALL Staff and students – anyone who might be attempting to access the TDSB Network over the weekend – are advised that the following applications, services and systems will not be available between 7:00am and 1:00pm on Saturday September 23rd
- All AW sites
- G-Suite for Education (formerly GAFE)
- Google Drive, Docs, Hangouts, and Sheets
DO NOT get mad at your computer or your home internet service provider when you can’t connect to the TDSB.
- Have patience, go out and enjoy the summer weather, and try again Saturday afternoon.
New for Sept 2017… Password Manager!
We’ve tested it out with the Grade 9’s this past week during their Orientation sessions and it appears to working just fine.
- Recover and/or reset your TDSB network password on your own 365 days a year, 24/7.
- No need to wait until you are at school and able to get into the ESA Library.
- Create your own personal security questions – keep track of your answers in a secure location!
- Use the ‘Forgot my Password’ or ‘Lost your password?’ options when logging into the TDSB network via AW.
Access the new Password Manager here.
- Enter your TDSB student e-mail address.
- Create your security questions and away you go.
Watch for posters with QR codes and Bit.ly links to appear around the school this week as well.
ALL ESA students should be signed onto the Password Manager as soon as possible.
All ESA students are eligible for, and strongly encouraged to have, a Toronto Public Library (TPL) card.
- The TDSB no longer provides access to databases and other resources which are otherwise available through the Toronto Public Library.
- Other public library systems – i.e. Mississauga, or Halton – may not provide access to some databases which you might be required to access for school purposes.
The ESA Library officially begins a card blitz on Monday, September 11th, when the Grade 9’s began their Orientation Sessions.
- All Grade 9 students will have had the opportunity to complete a TPL Library Card application form (as necessary) by the time they are finished their Orientation Sessions.
- Grade 9’s should please wait to complete the TPL Library card application form when they come to the Library for their Orientation Session.
Any student in Grades 10 – 12 who does not have a current and valid TPL Library Card should see Ms. Wray in the Library at lunchtime (or before or after school) to fill out an application form.
Applications for TPL cards must be returned to the Library by no later than Wednesday September 27th for processing.
Your TDSB student e-mail address is alive and well. Despite the fact that access to your student e-mail account has “disappeared” from view when you enter your Google Drive through the Academic Workspace (AW) portal…
All students (should) be able to access their Student e-mail by going through Google directly: mail.google.com.
- Be sure to be logged out of any personal G-mail accounts before trying this access route.
- Be sure that you have verified your TDSB student e-mail address before logging in from the main Google site. If you have not already checked, find your TDSB Student e-mail address by following this path: AW > My Profile > User Information.
- Your password to enter through Google is your regular network password.
Singer’s Musical Theatre Anthology Master Indexes
These indexes are also available on the the ESA Library AW website, as well as on each of the Teacher and Student Share Drives (accessible from home via the ESA Library AW wesbite).
If you were here for Grade 9 Orientation I introduced you to the newest addition to the available online databases: Culture Grams.
Every wondered – or need to know – what life is like in another country? Culture Grams are one of a kind country reports… the CIA World Factbook made user friendly for teens.
Take a quick video tour of Culture Grams here.