Start your day off with Thursday morning Mindfulness in The Walden Room starting at 8:10am.
Then join us at lunch for Final Friday Fun Day.
- This week Final Friday Fun Day falls on the Thursday as it’s the last day of classes before exams begin…
Tomorrow we’re going to have a good old fashioned “Rainy Day Games Day”…
- The Library has a collection of games including cribbage, chess, backgammon, Jenga, Yahtzee, Sorry!, and more.
- Or you can bring your own games.
- Whatever you do, bring your lunch and come join in the fun.
Take a radical approach to exam prep this time around… skip the last minute cramming and studying tomorrow at lunch…
- Join in the fun and games…. or,
- Engage in some quiet meditative practice… or,
- Read a book… we have great collections of poetry and short stories… just the perfect length for those little breaks so necessary when studying.
Final Friday Fun Day‘s are an opportunity to turn off, settle in, relax and take a load off. The Library goes tech free for the lunchhour… no computers, no printing, no personal devices.
- Room 217 will be open over the lunchhour for anyone desperately needing computer/printer access for academic purposes only.
As we head into exams later this week… don’t forget to drop by the Library to pick up a good book to keep on hand for de-stressing.
Research has shown that ‘losing yourself in a book is the ultimate relaxation‘… and that as little as six (6) minutes with a good book can reduce your stress levels more than any other single activity – more even than listening to music, having a cup of tea or taking a walk.
Lots of great titles on offer for all readers.
Reminder that the Library is now CLOSED until classes resume on Friday Feb 3rd.
- ACCESS only to students writing exams in the Library… at the appointed time.
Good luck to all with your exams.
Please be advised regarding the following changes to Library Access.
- The Library will be CLOSED for set-up for exams as of 3:15pm tomorrow Tuesday, January 26th.
- The Library will be closed for exams EVERYDAY from that time on until we come back to regular classes on February 3rd.
There will be no access to the Library for any reason, except for students who are writing exams in the Library.
If you have Library materials which will be due during the exam break… Please:
- return them either today or tomorrow; or,
- renew them.
If you haven’t tried already, you can renew your books yourself (twice) through the new Library catalogue.
- Go to the ESA Virtual Library
- Select the Library Catalogue
- Login just as you would on any networked computer here at school
- Follow this path: My Account > My Borrowing > Loan
- Items will appear in order by due date
- One item at a time, select the box beside the title you wish to renew.
- Click on Renew.
- You will be advised of the new due date.
Check out the ESA Library AW School Site for the Top Ten Study Tips and Tricks!
Know that reading is one of the best ways to reduce stress!
Just “six minutes can be enough to reduce stress levels by more than two-thirds”, so drop by the Library, pick up that book you’ve been wanting to read and have it on hand when you need a study break during the exam period.
Flip Flash Study
From my favourite EdTech mentor, Richard Byrne, 10 free flashcard services for students. Try these out as we head into the exam break.
See the full original posting at FreeTech4Teachers.