Acclaimed Canadian playwright and novelist Allan Stratton – who was formerly also the Head of Drama at ESA way back when I first arrived in 1999 – spent the afternoon in the Library… workshopping Grade 9 English students (with additional representation from Ms. Bourne’s Gr 12 Drama majors).
Do check Allan’s website, and if interested, we have most of his books in the collection at ESA. Drop by and check one out…
Here’s to Friday!
While I know that we will miss the Grade 9’s dearly today, and hope that they have a wonderful time at Centre Island… the upside for the rest of you is that there are NO Grade 9 Orientation sessions today…
So… the Library is open for business as usual ALL DAY!
See the attached schedule for closures between Sept 12th and Sept 22nd.
Today is the day! Welcome to all of our incoming Grade 9 students and parents.
We’re looking forward to meeting you in the Library in just a little while. For your (later) reference, here are links to the presentations shared during each of the student and parent sessions.
- Parents were provided with copies of both the TDSB Virtual Library Learnmark and the ESA Bookmark during their session.
If you were unable to attend, or have any (further) questions, please don’t hesitate to send an e-mail to enid.wray <at> tdsb.on.ca.
Delusion Road by Don Aker
- Another solid outing from one of my favourite Canadian YA authors, Don Aker.
- Solid writing, strong characters, and not afraid to tackle difficult issues.
- Multiple storylines come together in a dramatic ending.
- Life doesn’t always turn out the way we want it to, but sometimes justice is served.
Read the review at the Canadian Review of Materials.
Don will be at ESA for the afternoon on Monday May 16th to workshop Grade 9 and 10 students. See Ms. Wray or Mr Middel if you’d like to participate.
Please mind the schedule – posted outside the Library and also found below on this posting – for the Grade 9 Library Orientation Sessions.
The Library is CLOSED to all except the Grade 9 classes during these times. Please do not come down, or send students down, during these times as the door will be locked and we won’t answer.
Thanks for your consideration as we get the new Grade 9’s up to speed with everything they need to know as it relates to Library, Tech and the Research and Inquiry Process.
Click on image for larger view…
Reminder to all that the Library has limited access during every period except first period of the day until next Thursday, September 18th. This is to accommodate for Grade 9 Orientations.
The full schedule of class visits is posted:
- in an Announcement at the ESA Library AW School Site;
- on both the ESA Teacher Share and ESA Student Share; and,
- on the whiteboard outside the Library main doors (in the Foyer)
Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Just remember, you all had private access to the Library for Orientation when you were in Grade 9 as well!