Today is the day! Join us in the Library….
Cherie Dimaline will be at ESA for the afternoon on Friday February 23rd, 2018.
In addition to being nominated for White Pine, The Marrow Thieves is also:
All members of the ESA Community are invited to join us for this very special event.
- Students in select classes will be joining us with their teachers during class time.
- Session One: from 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- Session Two: from 2:10pm to 3:10pm
- Students who are participating in our White Pine Club have been invited to join us for an in-school field trip.
- Any other students who are reading – or have read – The Marrow Thieves have also been invited to attend as an in-school field trip.
Cherie will be signing books while she is at ESA.
Books are available for purchase by all members of the ESA Community.
- Books that have been pre-ordered using School Cash Online will be available for pick-up starting at NOON on Friday.
- Books will be available this afternoon… for $15 (including tax). Cash only.
This event is co-sponsored by:
Can’t make it to ESA during the afternoon hours?
- Connect with Cherie at A Novel Spot Bookshop later that afternoon at the bookstore (expect approx. 5pm – 6:30pm).
If you have any questions please feel free to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
The wonderful folks from the IBBY Book Project at the Toronto Public Library will be here after lunch to work with the students in the Grade 9 Visual Arts Elective course.
- IBBY books are special books designed for young people with disabilities.
- A fundamental goal of the IBBY Book Project is to: give children everywhere access to books with high literary and artistic standards, including young people with disabilities.
- While IBBY Books come in a variety of formats, today we will be focusing on working with tactile books.
While the Library will not be closed, students on spare are asked to contain themselves to the upper level of the library while the session is taking place.
Please note that there will be NO ACCESS to the Library during morning class periods on Friday February 9th.
- Access during class periods is by invitation only with your class/teacher.
We are delighted to be hosting OCAD Professor and Aboriginal Advisor/Mentor David General while he visits ESA.
- A gifted artist, Professor General ‘consults on best practices for Aboriginal student engagement, curriculum development and outreach initiatives for both Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal students’.
There will also be limited access to the lower level before school, and during the lunchhour, as there will be no tables available and no chairs at the computers.
Equity, and other invited guests, will be having a special session – at the back of the Library – with Professor General during the lunchhour.
The Library will be closed first and second period while we host actress, author and screenwriter Barbara Radecki.
- We’re delighted to have Ms. Radecki back to ESA… both of her daughters being ESA graduates.
- Admission by invitation with specified ENG classes.
The Library will also be closed after school – special schedule for the day with shortened periods – for a special Joint Staff Student session on the TDSB Equity Report
The ESA Library is delighted to host local Toronto author Farzana Doctor here this afternoon.
As a result, the Library will be CLOSED all afternoon.
- The Library will remain closed after school.
Join us at lunch today for a session with our friend Ursula from local women’s shelter Women’s Habitat.
Reminder also that donations are gratefully accepted. We’re collecting clothing, toys and toiletries.
- Bring your donations to the Library Conference Room.
- We’ll deliver everything to Women’s Habitat the last week of school prior to the Winter Break.
We are delighted to welcome filmmaker Victoria Lean to the Library today to talk about her powerful documentary After the Last River.
Victoria will be leading two sessions… during each of Per 6 and 7, before and after the lunchhour. Please refer to the attached schedule of classes.
TEACHERS: The library will be full. Please quickly take attendance and bring your classes down. NO BAGS IN THE LIBRARY. Please remain with your class in the Library to ensure excellent behaviour.