The Library will be closed first and second period while we host actress, author and screenwriter Barbara Radecki.
- We’re delighted to have Ms. Radecki back to ESA… both of her daughters being ESA graduates.
- Admission by invitation with specified ENG classes.
The Library will also be closed after school – special schedule for the day with shortened periods – for a special Joint Staff Student session on the TDSB Equity Report
The ESA Library is delighted to host local Toronto author Farzana Doctor here this afternoon.
As a result, the Library will be CLOSED all afternoon.
- The Library will remain closed after school.
Join us at lunch today for a session with our friend Ursula from local women’s shelter Women’s Habitat.
Reminder also that donations are gratefully accepted. We’re collecting clothing, toys and toiletries.
- Bring your donations to the Library Conference Room.
- We’ll deliver everything to Women’s Habitat the last week of school prior to the Winter Break.
We are delighted to welcome filmmaker Victoria Lean to the Library today to talk about her powerful documentary After the Last River.
Victoria will be leading two sessions… during each of Per 6 and 7, before and after the lunchhour. Please refer to the attached schedule of classes.
TEACHERS: The library will be full. Please quickly take attendance and bring your classes down. NO BAGS IN THE LIBRARY. Please remain with your class in the Library to ensure excellent behaviour.
All members of the ESA Community are invited to join us for lunch this coming Wednesday for a very special Visiting Authors session.
We are delighted to welcome up and coming young Canadian authors Naben Ruthnum and Rudrapriya Rathore to ESA for the morning to work with the Grade 12 Writer’s Craft classes.
- They will be staying on over the lunchhour to chat with anyone else who would be interested in talking to them.
Naben won the 2013 Journey Prize which “recognizes emerging writers for the best short story first published in a Canadian literary journal.”
Rudrapriya, an ESA graduate with a Masters in Creative Writing, won the 2014 Irving Layton Award for Fiction from Concordia University. Currently one of the masthead editors at The Puritan, one of the foremost Canadian literary journals, Rudrapriya has had a number of her own pieces published, including:
We are so looking forward to their visit. Bring your lunch and join us.
Well.. it’s been that kind of week! So busy and not even time out to breathe or get a post up!
To catch up:
UBC was in the Library at lunch on Monday.
- If you missed it, touch base with the folks in Student Services.
- Extra brochures and contact information was left behind.
Tuesday morning was Grade 9 Wellness morning.
Two closures of note.
Wednesday May 24th: As noted on the announcements on Tuesday morning…
- The Library will be closed before school on Wednesday for the Staff Appreciation Brunch hosted by Music Theatre and the Show Choir parent group.
- Thank you in advance for what we’re sure will be a most delicious feast!
Friday May 26th: The Library will be CLOSED all morning.
- We are looking forward to our final Visiting Author session for this year.
- We are the ‘winners’ of a free session with TDSB Writer in Residence Jael Richardson.
- Free visits with TDSB Writers in Residence are one of the benefits of participating in the TDSB Just Read It! programme.
- Thanks to everyone in the ESA community who submitted book recommendations to Just Read It!… It’s because of you we’re getting this morning of workshops. Keep submitting!!