We trust you are enjoying your in-class screenings
The In-School Festival continues after school today in the Library where we will be screening the Hot Doc What Lies Upstream
Investigative filmmaker Cullen Hoback uncovers the truth behind a massive chemical spill that leaves 300,000 West Virginians without drinking water.
The doc’s continue today after school in the Library. Screenings begin promptly at 3:20pm.
Today we were supposed to be screening Driving with Selvi, but due to technical difficulties we will be showing…
Deceptive brokers and systemic exploitation are starkly exposed in this stirring story of two courageous Indonesian women caught in Canada’s migrant worker program, fighting for basic rights in the face of debt bondage and low paying work.
It’s here! The Docs for Schools In School Film Festival starts this week! A selection of films will be screened in selected classes as they pertain to the course curriculum. A selection of films will also be shown after school, in the ESA Library, as per the following schedule:
Screenings begin promptly at 3:20pm.
FREE TICKETS for HotDocs this weekend!!
- Free tickets for these speakers this weekend at the Hot Docs Cinema….part of the Curious Minds Weekend series.
- Any students who would be interested in attending any of these talks, are welcome to free tickets.
- You need to e-mail LESLEY SPARKS by no later then NOON tomorrow, Friday March 3rd.
- DO NOT BOOK TICKETS ON THE WEBSITE… E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tanya Tagaq – Sun, Mar 5 – 7:30pm
Who You Are is Gorgeous:
Fri, Mar 3 – 8:30
Sun, March 5 – 1pm talk
Join us after school today, Thursday April 30th as the Library co-hosts a screening of Songs for Alexis
- D: Elvira Lind | Demark | 75 minutes | English
- Two passionate teenagers are stuck in suburbia navigating their love story and its place in the world. When 16-year-old Alexis’ parents disapprove of her 18-year-old boyfriend Ryan, the talented transgender musician wonders if he’ll be left all alone.
Join us today, Wednesday April 29th, after school for a screening of The Crash Reel
- D: Lucy Walker | USA | 109 minutes | English
- At the height of his career, just days away from the Olympics, championship snowboarder Kevin Pearce was left fighting for his life after a major brain trauma. The Crash Reel is a high adrenaline film about discovering what’s most important.
HotDocs for Schools… Screening in the Library at 3:15 today…
- D: Angad Singh Bhalla | Canada | 81 minutes | English
- After living in solitary confinement for 30 years, what kind of house would you envision? When artist Jackie Sumell asks jailed Black Panther activist Herman Wallace, it triggers a trip through years of brutal injustice.