The Library will be CLOSED as of NOON today for the final presentations for this year’s Youth and Philanthropy Initiative.
Good luck to all of the groups competing for the chance to send a cheque for $5000 to the charity of their choice.
Two closures of note.
Wednesday May 24th: As noted on the announcements on Tuesday morning…
- The Library will be closed before school on Wednesday for the Staff Appreciation Brunch hosted by Music Theatre and the Show Choir parent group.
- Thank you in advance for what we’re sure will be a most delicious feast!
Friday May 26th: The Library will be CLOSED all morning.
- We are looking forward to our final Visiting Author session for this year.
- We are the ‘winners’ of a free session with TDSB Writer in Residence Jael Richardson.
- Free visits with TDSB Writers in Residence are one of the benefits of participating in the TDSB Just Read It! programme.
- Thanks to everyone in the ESA community who submitted book recommendations to Just Read It!… It’s because of you we’re getting this morning of workshops. Keep submitting!!
We have a very busy week coming in the Library. Access to the Library will be restricted to participating students at some point every day this week.
Reminder about today’s event… and Library closure.
The Library will also be closed after school today.
We have a very busy week coming in the Library. Access to the Library will be restricted to participating students during the following times:
- Monday April 24th, Period 4: Local Etobicoke Lakeshore MP James Maloney (part of the RepDay programme run by Civix, the same people that bring us Student Vote) will be in to talk to Gr 10 Civics students about how government works.
- Tuesday April 25th, Periods 5&6: We welcome author, cartoonist, broadcaster (and more!) Kevin Sylvester in for the morning to work with Grade 9 and 10 English classes.
- Wednesday April 26th, Periods 1&2: We welcome Canadian Poet Moez Surani. In addition to working with students taking Writer’s Craft, Moez will be working with students in WORD and the Jewish Culture Club to help create an artistic/performance piece in response to the graffiti incident last month.
- Thursday April 27th, before school and Period 5: All graduating Grade 12’s are invited to join us in the Library – doors open at 8:15am – for the annual Grad Breakfast. Students who have not already completed the TDSB Grade Exit Survey or voted for Valedictorian will be able to do so at the breakfast.
- Friday April 28th, Periods 3&4: We welcome local poet, artist and educator Andrea Thompson for a Spoken Word workshop with students from all grades… our ‘Grand Finale’ to our National Poetry Month events and activities.
Friday April 28th is also Final Friday Fun Day… this month we have some extra special programming coming out way courtesy of PoW.
- Details to follow on Thursday…
- Reminder – in advance – that the Library will be tech free for the lunch hour.
Ms. Wray and Gr 10 Drama Major Katie Beale are off to Vancouver this week… where Katie will be competing at the National Finals for Poetry in Voice.
- Support Katie by using #2017poetryinvoice or #recite2017
Don’t miss out on any of the action. Watch online:
Then be sure to tune in on Thursday, April 20 at 10:00pm Eastern Daylight Time
- Whether you’re in Hay River or Antigonish, Grosse Île or Moose Jaw, join us at the Fei and Milton Wong Experimental Theatre via our livestream as we celebrate the power of poetry, name our 2017 National Champions, and award over $25,000 in prizes.
On account of Ms. Wray’s absence this week…
- The Library will be not be open, in the mornings, until sometime around or after 8:00am.
- The Library will be closing early – at 3:45pm – each day after school (Tues/Wed/Thurs).
- The Library will not be open – as indeed it usually is not – after school on Friday.
The Library will return to regular before and after school hours the week following – when Ms. Wray is back – but there are a number of special events during the day the last week of April which will see the Library open only by invitation at certain times.
- Details of these events will be posted next weekend.
The Library will be closing at NOON today for special event set-up.
The Library will re-open for full service for last period and after school.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
The Library will be CLOSED this morning – from 8:35am until 11:30am – for the Euclid Math Contest.
- Good luck to all students writing!
We will re-open for lunch, where we will be hosting a guest speaker talking about Autism and the Arts.
- All are welcome.
- Bring your lunch.