Please note that there will be NO ACCESS to the Library during morning class periods on Friday February 9th.
- Access during class periods is by invitation only with your class/teacher.
We are delighted to be hosting OCAD Professor and Aboriginal Advisor/Mentor David General while he visits ESA.
- A gifted artist, Professor General ‘consults on best practices for Aboriginal student engagement, curriculum development and outreach initiatives for both Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal students’.
There will also be limited access to the lower level before school, and during the lunchhour, as there will be no tables available and no chairs at the computers.
Equity, and other invited guests, will be having a special session – at the back of the Library – with Professor General during the lunchhour.
Come to the Library at lunch today and step back from the stress of preparing for exams.
- Bring your lunch –and a mug for tea! – and take an intentional time out for an hour.
- Pack up your troubles! RELAX!
- At the very least drop by and pick up a book to keep on hand for when you need a study break during the exam period.
Room 217 will be open for anyone who absolutely needs computer or printer access for academic purposes only.
Start your day off with Thursday morning Mindfulness in The Walden Room starting at 8:10am.
Then join us at lunch for Final Friday Fun Day.
- This week Final Friday Fun Day falls on the Thursday as it’s the last day of classes before exams begin…
Tomorrow we’re going to have a good old fashioned “Rainy Day Games Day”…
- The Library has a collection of games including cribbage, chess, backgammon, Jenga, Yahtzee, Sorry!, and more.
- Or you can bring your own games.
- Whatever you do, bring your lunch and come join in the fun.
Take a radical approach to exam prep this time around… skip the last minute cramming and studying tomorrow at lunch…
- Join in the fun and games…. or,
- Engage in some quiet meditative practice… or,
- Read a book… we have great collections of poetry and short stories… just the perfect length for those little breaks so necessary when studying.
Final Friday Fun Day‘s are an opportunity to turn off, settle in, relax and take a load off. The Library goes tech free for the lunchhour… no computers, no printing, no personal devices.
- Room 217 will be open over the lunchhour for anyone desperately needing computer/printer access for academic purposes only.
The Library will feature holiday themed fun all day today… including some of your favourite winter/holiday movies and musicals.
Drop by and check it out.
We’ll also have special holiday treats while supplies last.
Today… at lunch… in the Library.
- Take an intentional time out.
- Bring your lunch. Go tech free.
- Come join in the fun making your own Holiday Greeting Cards and Holiday ornaments.
Room 217 will be open for anyone who absolutely needs access to networked computers and printers.
Join us at lunch today for a session with our friend Ursula from local women’s shelter Women’s Habitat.
Reminder also that donations are gratefully accepted. We’re collecting clothing, toys and toiletries.
- Bring your donations to the Library Conference Room.
- We’ll deliver everything to Women’s Habitat the last week of school prior to the Winter Break.
Apparently I didn’t hit ‘Publish’ on my posting on Wednesday… so… better late than never…
- Thank everyone who came out to the Vigil at lunch on Wednesday.
- Our screening of the NFB production of The Burning Times generated much interesting discussion, and plans for future conversations.
Reminder that the display of primary source materials relating to the Montreal Massacre will remain up at the rear of the Library until the end of the day on Monday.
- Trigger warning: The display includes graphic and disturbing images and text. We are delighted to accompany you as you peruse the display. Just ask…