Big day today! Engage Your Art!
Founders Engage is being launched to showcase activities, deliver inspirational music and talks, to empower teens to look for ways that they can use their arts, academics and sports backgrounds to build community, build resiliency and promote positive change.
The concert on Saturday May 6th, 2017 will be accompanied by the official launch of our website, foundersengage.ca. The website will continue to evolve and become a space to highlight student community philanthropy, activism and creative endeavours that challenge existing stereotypes, progress dialogues of positive change, and bring awareness to how their actions can have a positive impact and encourage others to follow suit.
Join us this afternoon in the ESA Library.
- 5:30pm – Meet and Greet and Light Refreshments
- 6:30pm – Concert and Inspirational Voices
It’s here! The Docs for Schools In School Film Festival starts this week! A selection of films will be screened in selected classes as they pertain to the course curriculum. A selection of films will also be shown after school, in the ESA Library, as per the following schedule:
Screenings begin promptly at 3:20pm.
The Library will be closing at NOON today for special event set-up.
The Library will re-open for full service for last period and after school.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
The Library will be CLOSED this morning – from 8:35am until 11:30am – for the Euclid Math Contest.
- Good luck to all students writing!
We will re-open for lunch, where we will be hosting a guest speaker talking about Autism and the Arts.
- All are welcome.
- Bring your lunch.
This year’s theme: Be Bold for Change!
Learn more at the International Women’s Day website, and/or at the Status of Women Canada website.
Drop by the ESA Library and check out the International Women’s Day inspired display on the upper level.
FREE TICKETS for HotDocs this weekend!!
- Free tickets for these speakers this weekend at the Hot Docs Cinema….part of the Curious Minds Weekend series.
- Any students who would be interested in attending any of these talks, are welcome to free tickets.
- You need to e-mail LESLEY SPARKS by no later then NOON tomorrow, Friday March 3rd.
- DO NOT BOOK TICKETS ON THE WEBSITE… E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tanya Tagaq – Sun, Mar 5 – 7:30pm
Who You Are is Gorgeous:
Fri, Mar 3 – 8:30
Sun, March 5 – 1pm talk
Workshop in the Library at lunch… With Liz Henriques, Liaison & Recruitment Officer, George Brown College