An open invitation to all members of the ESA Community to drop by the Library on Marks Review Day, Tuesday June 26th.
- The tea will be on… and there may be treats (while supplies last).
- Remember to BYOM – Bring your own mug!!
Check out our New Arrivals in Books… and sign out some great summer reads!
- You must be a returning student, and you must have ‘good Library credit‘ to check out books over the summer.
Score yourself some great vintage vinyl – prices reduced to $1 per LP.
- We’ve put out some great new Broadway Cast Recordings, some new Classical, some new classic female vocalists.
- There are also some real gems, including the likes of Maria Callas, for premium prices. Ask about these items at the Circulation Desk
There will also be a selection of (gently) Used Books available…
- Nothing more than $1.
- Mass market paperbacks, trade paperbacks and hardcover editions.
We also have some free stuff available… most notably our entire collection of CBC News in Review CD’s.
- These are now all available online (teacher access only with an education account) and haven’t circulated in a couple of years.
- If you are interested in these, most likely for an Art Project we would expect, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime after you read this posting to claim them.
- First come first served.
- You must come in and pick them up on Tuesday morning…
Tell us what books you think everyone should have on their summer reading list this year.
All members of the ESA School Community are invited to contribute: students, staff, parents and graduates.
All entries will be submitted into our Summer Reads draw.
- Entries must be received by the end of the school day on Monday June 11th to be eligible for the draw.
- Entries may be submitted to the basket on the Library Circulation Desk (using the forms conveniently located beside said basket) or by filling out this Google Form.
All book recommendations will be posted on the ESA Library Daily Blog by the end of the school year.
Another successful Student Vote has come and gone.
A public thank you to the students who acted as Poll Clerks and Deputy Returning Officers today… and managed our in-school election brilliantly.
Thank you also to the students who came out to vote, and get a taste of what awaits them once they turn 18.
I will make our results public here, and on ESAInfo, at 9pm on election night, Thursday June 7th.
The complete results from the Student Vote across the province will also be released at that time.
Student Vote – the 2018 Provincial edition – is here. Our in-school Election Day is tomorrow, Tuesday May 29th.
- Is the upcoming Provincial Election of interest to you?
- Would you like to learn a little bit about the behind the scenes reality of an Election Day?
We’re still have openings for a couple of student volunteers to help out before school and during the lunchhour.
- Please drop by the Library ASAP if you are able to help out.
- Community service hours apply.
Apologies for the radio silence the last couple of months. Expect your regular daily postings again to your inbox beginning today.
And the award for best picture goes to . . .
Are you planning to watch the OSCARS this Sunday? Why not enter the ESA OSCAR Challenge.
Anyone from the ESA community can participate by sending in your lucky ballot with your ESA Student.
Don’t have time to print? Already in the building?
- Just stop by the Library and fill out your ballot for a chance to win a pair of movie tickets!
- Nuala O’Sullivan
- Hiba Ali
- Asia Rosa
- Rachel Sanders
- Tiana McGee-Stone
- Elvina Barclay
- Kemora Manning
- Alice Ackerman
All of the above are lucky winners of our Valentine’s Book Draw.
Drop by the Library to pick up your free book
The first three ladies named also go home with a special chocolate treat.