Plan to join us at lunch next Monday, December 4th, for the official launch of our 2018 WHITE PINE reading season.
- Additional details to follow once we’ve launched.
Drop by the Library to sign up in advance… or fill out this online form.
The Forest of Reading® is Canada’s largest recreational reading program! This initiative of the Ontario Library Association (OLA) offers eight reading programs to encourage a love of reading in people of all ages. The Forest helps celebrate Canadian books, publishers, authors and illustrators. More than 250,000 readers participate annually from their School and/or Public Library. All Ontarians/Canadians are invited to participate via their local public library, school library, or individually.
Goals of the Forest of Reading
- Love of reading: Create a meaningful experience for your readers and create exciting opportunities for reluctant readers to create lifelong readers.
- A proven head start: The results are in! Children who read for fun have higher literacy scores, have more success in science and math, and are more socially and civically engaged (Reading for Joy, P4E, 2011).
- Libraries at centre stage: With fun activities, prizes and more, the Forest of Reading puts libraries at the heart of the action!
- Reading Canadian: Help support and celebrate Canadian books, publishers, authors and illustrators by taking advantage of the Forest’s curated, all-Canadian reading lists for all ages and levels.