Come to the Library at lunch today and step back from the stress of preparing for exams.
- Bring your lunch –and a mug for tea! – and take an intentional time out for an hour.
- Pack up your troubles! RELAX!
- At the very least drop by and pick up a book to keep on hand for when you need a study break during the exam period.
Room 217 will be open for anyone who absolutely needs computer or printer access for academic purposes only.
Start your day off with Thursday morning Mindfulness in The Walden Room starting at 8:10am.
Then join us at lunch for Final Friday Fun Day.
- This week Final Friday Fun Day falls on the Thursday as it’s the last day of classes before exams begin…
Tomorrow we’re going to have a good old fashioned “Rainy Day Games Day”…
- The Library has a collection of games including cribbage, chess, backgammon, Jenga, Yahtzee, Sorry!, and more.
- Or you can bring your own games.
- Whatever you do, bring your lunch and come join in the fun.
Take a radical approach to exam prep this time around… skip the last minute cramming and studying tomorrow at lunch…
- Join in the fun and games…. or,
- Engage in some quiet meditative practice… or,
- Read a book… we have great collections of poetry and short stories… just the perfect length for those little breaks so necessary when studying.
Final Friday Fun Day‘s are an opportunity to turn off, settle in, relax and take a load off. The Library goes tech free for the lunchhour… no computers, no printing, no personal devices.
- Room 217 will be open over the lunchhour for anyone desperately needing computer/printer access for academic purposes only.
As we head into exams later this week… don’t forget to drop by the Library to pick up a good book to keep on hand for de-stressing.
Research has shown that ‘losing yourself in a book is the ultimate relaxation‘… and that as little as six (6) minutes with a good book can reduce your stress levels more than any other single activity – more even than listening to music, having a cup of tea or taking a walk.
Lots of great titles on offer for all readers.
The Library will feature holiday themed fun all day today… including some of your favourite winter/holiday movies and musicals.
Drop by and check it out.
We’ll also have special holiday treats while supplies last.
For those who were asking about the Holiday CD’s that have been featured each morning this week:
(Yes… for this kind of information Wikipedia is a perfectly fine source… BUT… don’t be going there for your research assignment! Start with the ESA Virtual Library!!)