Celebrate all things poetic here at ESA. In addition to what goes on in the classroom…
Contribute to the ESsays Creative Writing Blog.
- We accept poetry (and short prose, max 3000 words).
- Visit the blog for details on formatting and submission requirements.
- Submit your work, via e-mail, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All work posted on the blog will be included in our year end print publication. Catalogued with Library and Archives Canada, all student contributors will be able to say that they have officially been published!
Enter the annual ESA Poetry Contest
- Contest entries are due on the last school day in April (National Poetry Month).
- Contest entries must be on the theme chosen for National Poetry Month each year.
- For 2016, this theme is The Road.
- Get the details in the posting at this blog or at the Library Circulation desk.
Participate in Poetry in Voice
- Poetry In Voice is a recitation contest for high school students in Canada.
- Students memorize and recite poems chosen from among the hundreds in our online anthology.
- By learning poems by heart, students develop lifelong relationships with poetry while improving their language, public speaking, and memorization skills.
- The contest begins in the classroom.
- Top-scoring students, selected from across the country, win a trip with their teachers to the National Finals in the spring.
- More than $75,000 in travel and prizes are awarded each year.