ALL Staff and students – anyone who might be attempting to access the TDSB Network over the weekend – are advised that the following applications, services and systems will not be available between 7:00am and 1:00pm on Saturday September 23rd
- All AW sites
- G-Suite for Education (formerly GAFE)
- Google Drive, Docs, Hangouts, and Sheets
DO NOT get mad at your computer or your home internet service provider when you can’t connect to the TDSB.
- Have patience, go out and enjoy the summer weather, and try again Saturday afternoon.
Well.. it’s been that kind of week! So busy and not even time out to breathe or get a post up!
To catch up:
UBC was in the Library at lunch on Monday.
- If you missed it, touch base with the folks in Student Services.
- Extra brochures and contact information was left behind.
Tuesday morning was Grade 9 Wellness morning.
New for Sept 2017… Password Manager!
We’ve tested it out with the Grade 9’s this past week during their Orientation sessions and it appears to working just fine.
- Recover and/or reset your TDSB network password on your own 365 days a year, 24/7.
- No need to wait until you are at school and able to get into the ESA Library.
- Create your own personal security questions – keep track of your answers in a secure location!
- Use the ‘Forgot my Password’ or ‘Lost your password?’ options when logging into the TDSB network via AW.
Access the new Password Manager here.
- Enter your TDSB student e-mail address.
- Create your security questions and away you go.
Watch for posters with QR codes and Bit.ly links to appear around the school this week as well.
ALL ESA students should be signed onto the Password Manager as soon as possible.
Thank you to everyone who has (already) expressed interest in joining us as a new Library Volunteeer for the 2017-18 school year.
We are in the process of checking references and will begin contacting students next week and inviting them to attend Library Orientation Sessions.
Sneak peak! The new Powtoon video we’ve made for Grade 9 Parent’s Night, tonight, Thursday September 14th, 2017.
Reminder that we continue with Grade 9 Orientation sessions today in the Library.
- The Library will be closed during Periods 2, 3 and 4 to facilitate these sessions.
- Regular access before school and at lunchtime.
- The Library will be open after school today
Thank you to all for you co-operation in getting the Grade 9’s started on their journey through secondary school.
The schedule of sessions is posted on the Library whiteboard and may also be found in the PDF file attached below.
Gr 9 Orient 2017-18 TO POST
Congratulations to Antonietta Gutierrez who was out last Just Read It! winner of the 2016-17 school year.
Just Read It! is an online forum for students, staff – indeed the entire TDSB community – to engage in the joy of reading and share the reading experience with one another.
Each month names are drawn and book prizes are sent to students submitting to Just Read It! to further motivate and mobilise our community.
Last year there were 14,270 book reviews submitted to the TDSB Just Read It! website.
There were a total of 3,645,521 books read – signed out through our Insignia circulation system – across TDSB schools.
TDSB Libraries make a difference!